Not the best post to reblog, after I reblogged about reducing salt intake, but this sounds like a great alternative to shop bought crackers, and YOU can control the amount of salt you add. Something to ponder about.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbs. water
- Optional salt for topping
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in yogurt one tablespoon at a time until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Add applesauce.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time until a ball of firm dough forms. You might need a little more or less water.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Knead dough for about 5 minutes.
- Roll dough on flat surface until it’s 1/16″ thick.
- Using a cookie cutter or knife, create as many crackers on the dough as possible.
- Place crackers in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet.
- Form remaining dough into a ball, and repeat steps 8 through 10 until all dough is…
View original post 83 more words