Need a chocolate fix in a hurry?
My quick and simple recipe can give you that hit of chocolate you are seeking! And the dark chocolate means there is added health benefits. Dark chocolate aids in preventing heart disease and, is loaded with minerals – read 7 health benefits of chocolate here. After all, we can do with a little indulgence, at times.
And chocolate is good for our mood, isn’t it?
Chewy Chocolate Slice
1 2⁄3 cups sugar
3⁄4 cup butter, melted
(you can use margarine too, but I prefer the natural qualities of butter)
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1⁄3 cups flour
3⁄4 cup Baking Cocoa
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Optional: – (to increase decadence and flavour!)
1/2 cup dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped (I like to chop this into chunky choc chip sized pieces and grate a little, to sprinkle over the top of the mix as well)
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C and grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan ( I line the pan with baking paper as well).
- Combine sugar, butter, and water in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Fold in chopped dark chocolate
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on top ( optional)
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
Chocolate indulgence is Something I often Ponder About