This challenge is to write freely for five minutes without editing – on the topics listed on the landing page (link provided below) – one topic each day for 31 days.
LOVE<3 LOVE<3 LOVE<3
I have spoken before about the basic human needs of love and affection being as important as food and shelter, so today I will talk about who/what I love.
- Family – when it comes down to it, immediate family are the only people you can ever begin to rely on to be there for you and love you back. It is way too much expectation to place on extended family, at least from my experience, so count on immediate family only. But, this does include the family pet, as it is kind of his/her job, isn’t it?
- Home – I have made it my sanctuary, and whilst far from perfect, it is a little oasis filled with mementos and memories, that mean so much to me. Home equates to security.
- Travel – to Scandinavia or the beach in particular. Being close to gentle, lapping water can be so therapeutic, and the Scandinavian climate, landscape and scenery are so unique, I feel a special affinity to them.
- Painting and traditional art/craft forms – primarily Norwegian Rosemaling and simple renaissance baroque folk art. I am a rosemaler, did I mention that?
- Food – Seafood, (who doesn’t love it?), pastries, berries, and bread – need I say more?
- Books and Reading – for entertainment and learning ( see #7) Nothing like a good murder mystery – fictional, of course.
- Learning new things – Change is inevitable part of life, and we have to keep up. It is not always nice, but it does afford us the opportunity to discover and to re-invent.
- Friends – who could live without good friends, in whatever form they take?
- Walking in the Early Morning – especially if there is light rain/mist or fog! ( we so rarely have it in my realms, so to me it is special and I just love it.
- Forests – essential, absolutely essential, period!
- Baking home made treats for my family and friends – see #5 above
- Recycling and up-cycling – it is good for the planet
- Photography – it freezes that special moment in time for later contemplation
- Flowers – they make me happy
- Laughing – so good for your health
More days here
What do you love? What you love is a large part of who you are. That’s really something to ponder about