Amanda’s Poetry challenge is in English and Ineke’s Poetry Challenge is in Afrikaans, (with many translations in English). Everyone is welcome to join in.
You can write in either language, however, please post a link back, and comment at both WordPress blogs to indicate your interest and include the tag A and I Poetry Challenge.
For Full guidelines on joining in, click here.
Feature Poem for August
This month’s feature poet is Steph, from the blog, Stories and Things Like That. I really like the repetition Steph uses in this poem and how the shape reinforces and emphasizes the touching memories of a loved one.
Blogger Submissions for August
The prompt in August was to write a poem or format a poem with a Heart theme.
We had some wonderful interpretations of this theme, so please do hop around and check them all out.
- Hesterleynel writes in both Afrikaans and English, which is no easy feat and cleverly uses a heart format to communicate her words.
- Bondelsgedagtes writes about Love never being enough.
- Ju- Lyn writes an exquisite Somonka. Just as two souls are intwined in love, Ju-Lyn has intwined Two Tanka poems about the power of Love.
- Yvette at priorhouse.blog delights us with eye -pleasing photographs and a fun heart shaped format to accompany her writing.
- Ineke at scrapydo2 writes a touching poem about love, loss and forgiveness
(Insert into Google translate for English)
- Amanda aused a heart graphic and rhyme to enhance this love poem here
- Mammasquirrel presents a poem honoring her faith and love of the Divine.
- Manja writes a poetic story of love, separation, and what’s more, it comes beautifully illustrated with photographs.
- Tafazul writes with honesty and directness in his poem for August.
- Featured poet: Steph, from the blog, Stories and Things Like That.
Please let me know if you submitted a poem during August, and the link is not listed here.
Sometimes pingbacks do not work as they should.