Is your photographic ‘Self’ lamenting the demise of the Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenge? Are you perhaps looking to share your creativity and photographic skills with other bloggers?” Itching to get snapping great shots again?
Friendly Friday Photo Challenge
Starting January 11th, Something to Ponder About will be hosting a new Weekly Photo Challenge, with photo and travel blogger, Snow, from the blog: The Snow Melts Somewhere.
The new Photo challenge is going to be about community and interacting with other bloggers, sharing everyday things from our world. You don’t need to be a pro to participate, either. Mobile, Point and shoot or SLR photography formats are all perfectly acceptable. Your blog doesn’t even have to be about photography, in order to participate.
Snow will kick off the challenge with the first prompt, on her blog, on Friday, January 11th, and then Something to Ponder About, a.k.a me, Amanda, will post a prompt on alternate Fridays, thereafter.
Why Fridays? Because we have decide to call the challenge: ‘Friendly Friday!’ Woo hoo!
How to Join the Friendly Friday Photo Challenge
- We’ll come up with a suggested theme each Friday, and post a photo that we think fits. After that, you post photographs based on your own interpretation of the theme, and publish them in a new Blog post.
- Write as little or as much, as you wish, to accompany your photos.
- To make it easy for the host bloggers and others to find you, title your post “Friendly Friday Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)”
- Include in the post, a ping back to the host blogger, ie. either Something to Ponder About, or The Snow Melts Somewhere and we’d love it if you could tag your post , ‘Friendly Friday.’
- Post a comment at the Host’s Friendly Friday blog post that includes the link to your Friendly Friday blog post, the one that you published on your blog. [ N.B. please ensure it is a link to the actual post, not just a link to your blog itself.
That’s it. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with! Let’s have some fun!
Amanda @ Something to Ponder About