I might live in Australia, where the seasons are upside down, a somewhat moot point if you are Australian, but I am always acutely aware just when Spring has sprung in the Northern hemisphere. That is because the Northern ‘hemispherians,’ often get so excited about the first appearances of spring, their shouts are heard all the way ‘Down Under.’
This time of year, my inbox gets spammed with messages of glee and endless photos from the North, of the first snowdrops buds, or blades of greenery that poke their head through the final remnants of snow.
I can’t say I blame them for having this Spring zeal, as I suspect they are glad to feel some warmth, while I am glad to have a break from the relentless heat. I thought we might celebrate the onset of Spring by making it this week’s Friendly Friday prompt. If you live in the Southern hemisphere, where Spring blurs into Summer, and thence into Autumn, you may have other photos to choose from that make for a different interpretation of the theme. It is entirely up to you.
Create a post sharing your interpretation of this week’s Friendly Friday prompt
– Feelings of Spring
- Write and publish a post, tagging the post ‘Friendly Friday’, and adding a url link back to this Friendly Friday post.
- Include the Friendly Friday logo, if you wish.
- Post a link to your Feelings of Spring post in the comments here, so we can find you.
- Please note there are no deadlines for participating. New prompts each week.
- Browse the other participants’ posts using the links in the comments section, to see how they’ve interpreted the weekly prompt. It can be quite interesting.
Friendly Friday Photography challenge is alternately hosted each Friday by
Something to Ponder About
Something Fun to Ponder About this Friday!