When I had money everyone called me brother
“The gap between rich and poor is now at a level where Europe, at the time of the French revolution, looks positively socialistic by comparison:–
~The three wealthiest people in the world today now own more than the poorest 48 nations combined!
~The top 1% owns more than half the total wealth of Earth.
We live in a world of scarcity, of needs and wants and unfulfilled dreams. And we, ourselves, are the ones who made it that way. ” https://northerndragon.blog/
wealthiest people in the world
- Mark Zuckerberg. Net Worth: $61 Billion. …
- Carlos Slim Helu. Net Worth: $61.7 Billion. …
- Larry Ellison. Net Worth: $64.1 Billion. …
- Amancio Ortega. Net Worth: $67 Billion. …
- Warren Buffett. Net Worth: $82.7 Billion. …
- Bernard Arnault. Net Worth: $83.7 Billion. …
- Bill Gates. Net Worth: $98.3 Billion. …
- Jeff Bezos. Net Worth: $145.3 Billion – CEO of Amazon
Do you feel that there is something fundamentally wrong here?
How is it possible to have this much wealth concentrated in just 8 names? It is beyond my comprehension what you might do with this much money. How does someone with this much wealth stays balanced? Do they see their money on only being ‘on paper?’
Would such enormous wealth corrupt you?
Wealth does not involve having many things, pointed out Jean-Jacques Rousseau, a Genevan philosopher in 1754, it involves having what we long for.
“Wealth is not absolute, it’s relative to desire. “Jean-Jacques Rousseau
How much money do a person really desire, or need, over the course of any given year, in order to have what each might consider, a great life?
What would you do with such enormous wealth?
“Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it’s about having a lot of options.”