How’s your 2022 shaping up? I haven’t seen its best face, so far. Not by a long shot.
Even so, there’s always a sense of serenity to be found, in a Scarborough beach sunrise. Australia is blessed with a multitude of beaches. They’re a perfect place for contemplation – the rhythmic waves drowning out the city sounds: a soothing poultice for troubling thoughts that tumble chaotically in the vortex of life.
Whether you’re seeking respite from boisterous children, noisy neighbours, barking dogs, a family crisis, unemployment, the ‘rona,’ or other sounds of city/life that might grate on one’ nerves, it’s the desire for peace and tranquillity that propels many of us to search for peace, physically and/or emotionally, somewhere we can feel calm and untroubled – a state called serenity.
Serenity – a welcome internal state brought about, in part, by external forces.
If a sandy beach is not your thing, taking a walk in nature is an excellent way to eliminate stress. Forest trails invite you to explore, to exercise, to breathe deeply and it is possible to find a sense of serenity to those who seek it.
The Nakasendo Way is an ancient walking trail connecting post-towns between Tokyo and Kyoto. This section, located in the mountains in Hakone, Japan, is a place where even the most anxious person might find serenity.
Zen Gardens are synonymous with serenity. They are minimalist-designed gardens adorned with certain elements and a lot of open space, intended to help the viewer erase the stresses of everyday life by providing him with emptiness and openness.
DIY Zen Gardens
If you don’t have a zen garden nearby, you could make your own version with stones, versions, dollar store miniature tools and a few rocks and cactus – this was a school project which certainly attracted a lot of attention from the school students.
Friendly Friday Challenge Prompt – Searching for Serenity
For the Friendly Friday Challenge, show me in photographs, or using words, write about somewhere that imparts a feeling of serenity – a favourite walking trail; a comfortable chair; a place where you craft or work; or home with loved ones.
A poem, a story, a report, a photograph, all are welcome contributions to Friendly Friday.
How to Join Friendly Friday Blog Challenge
- Make a post relating to the prompt, “Searching for serenity,” and include the tag Friendly Friday as well as a ping back to this post.
- Furthermore, please be sure to leave a comment here along with your published URL, so I can find you and read your post. (ping backs can fail more often than you realise).
- Note that links to a homepage will not issue a ping back, so please copy and past your post’s url.
- If you wish, you can include the Friendly Friday Challenge logo in your post. Download it here.
- You are encouraged to visit other Friendly Friday entries by following their links in the comments below. It’s inspirational and you will find some cool people.
- Follow the host blogs to be informed of future Friendly Friday Challenges
This challenge runs for two weeks from today, after which Sandy will post a new Friendly Friday prompt at The Sandy Chronicles.
2022 Friendly Friday Prompt Release Dates
February 25 – Sandy – The Sandy Chronicles
March 11th – Sofia – Guest Host Photographias – EXCITING!!!
March 25th – Sarah – Travel with Me
Remember to follow the Friendly Friday Challenge Team Blogs above to get email notifications/updates in your reader.
We are what our name says: Friendly!
If you do decide to join our challenge: we look forward to meeting you!