Fellow blogger and writer from New Zealand, Ineke from scrapydo2.wordpress.com and myself, Amanda from Something to Ponder About, are jointly hosting a poetry challenge in English and in Afrikaans, in the WordPress community.
The challenge is open to everyone, from complete beginners to advanced writers or aspiring poets. The challenge will run from March to October, 2018. We will share tips, offer a monthly prompt and post link backs to your published Poetry posts.
Instructions for Joining the Poetry Challenge:–
Sign up by leaving a comment on this post, so we know you are interested.
Ineke and I will post a poetry prompt and writing tips and links, around 1st day of each month.
You might need to follow our blogs so that the posts show up in your WP reader.
- Using your own idea, or the monthly prompt supplied, write a post with a poem, either fun or serious and post before the 27th day of that month.
- Include in your post a link or pingback to both:
- Please add the tag A and I Poetry Challenge on YOUR BLOG POST.
- As ping backs sometimes don’t work, please also leave a comment at Ineke’s blog, scrapydo2.wordpress.com and Amanda’s blog, Something to Ponder About, with the url link to YOUR blog post on the challenge post for that month. N.B. If you do this, others can find their way to your challenge post and create a supportive community too.
- Include the Poetry Challenge badge in your post, if you so wish. (optional)
That is it!
Oh, and have fun writing!! Any questions? Just ask.
Ineke and I will post link backs to the blogs who have joined in with the challenge in the poetry challenge post in the following month, so that you can all find each other’s blog posts and build a new poet’s community!!