If you could find a way to incorporate a food that provided you with magnesium and Vitamin E, could lower your blood sugar levels, reduce blood pressure and lower cholesterol you would eat it, wouldn’t you? And what if that food could also reduce hunger and assist with weight loss? It would be a miracle!
But it is not. This ‘miracle’ food is almonds and unless you are allergic to nuts, this is a great way to incorporate almonds into your diet, even if you don’t like eating whole almonds themselves.
Almond and Walnut Muffins
- 150g Anchor Lighthouse Self Raising Flour
- 50g Almond meal (ground almonds)
- 85g brown sugar
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 55 g chopped nuts – I use a mix of walnuts and pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125mL) milk
- Pinch salt
- Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Combine butter, eggs and milk.
- Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Fill cases to 2/3 full
- Bake at 170ºC for 20-25 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean
Sprinkle with cinnamon for an additional health benefit!
Something delicious and healthy to Ponder About