I have been baking over at the Home by the Sea.
My imminent retirement and perhaps the pandemic needs to shoulder the blame for my cooking one cake every week. Sometimes I will cook a second – depending on who is visiting.
This week the recipe is for Carrot and Cardamon Cake.
The M.o.t.h. (Man of the house if you haven’t been introduced) loved it. He thinks it is a great option because it contains vegetables! Just disregard the amount of calories in 310 g of sugar.
If you can get past that figure, it is delicous with a cup of coffee or tea. Highly recommended.
Cardamon on the other hand is amazing. Apparently Google claims it may have:
- Antioxidant and Diuretic Properties May Lower Blood Pressure
- May Contain Cancer-Fighting Compounds
- May Protect from Chronic Diseases Thanks to Anti-Inflammatory Effects
- May Help with Digestive Problems, Including Ulcers
- May Treat Bad Breath and Prevent Cavities
- May Have Antibacterial Effects and Treat Infections
That is something to ponder about