Fellow blogger and writer from New Zealand, Ineke from scrapydo2.wordpress.com and myself, Amanda from Something to Ponder About, are jointly hosting a poetry challenge in English and in Afrikaans, in the WordPress community.
The challenge is open to everyone, from complete beginners to advanced writers or aspiring poets. The challenge will run from March to October, 2018. We will share tips, offer a monthly prompt and post link backs to your published Poetry posts.
Below are links and snippets of March’s wonderful Poetry entries. If I’ve missed anything, or anyone, please let me know. Pingbacks have been known to fail, so it is always helpful if you leave a comment on this post, to flag that you are joining in with the challenge.
Poetry Entries for March
Take a trip through Poetry around the World. Browsing the entries will take you to Australia, South Africa, Slovenia, Denmark, India and Pakistan to read this month’s contributions to the A and I Bilingual Poetry Challenge.
- Ineke’s poem whispers in the mist – scrapydo2.wordpress.com
- Hester has written a beautiful Haiku of transient moments – hesterleynel.co.za
- Gerard from oosterman.wordpress.com/ writes about politics and war. You will find it posted in the comments of my challenge poetry challenge post.
- Eliza gave us a lovely reminder to be more accepting of our dearest ones – anitaelise.com/
- Amanda has a different take on friendship in hard times – wordpress.com/post/penpunt.wordpress.com
- Manja celebrated World Poetry Day with a poem about belonging and love –manjameximovie3.wordpress.com
- My contribution is about the potentials in life – forestwoodfolkart.wordpress.com
- For a young poet, Tanya has some salient words for everyone – https://pandapoet96.wordpress.com/
- Melvin tells us about the way surprising strength in everyday things – https://melvinoommen.wordpress.com/2018/03/18/it-was/
“You told me not to be sad three times.
Does sea-sick mean to be sick of the sea?” – ManjaMexi
Would you like to join in this month?
- Write and post a poem in any language you wish, during the month of April, adding the Tag: A and I Poetry Challenge to your post.
- Leave a comment on Amanda’s and Ineke’s blog letting us know you are participating.
- Please link back to this post, so we can find your entry.
- The topic can be one of your choosing, however if you want to try a fun prompt, the suggestion for April will be posted on Something to Ponder About, tomorrow, Monday 2nd April, 2018.