Jaw-droppingly good news.
The vagaries of the Blogosphere “Awards” have eluded me since I began blogging here at WordPress. But now, it seems my little blog has been accepted into the fold of those who have been nominated for awards. I have Jayde-Ashe over at The Paperbook Blog for this kind nomination.
I am so thrilled!
Liebster is German for ‘favourite’ or ‘dearest’ and there are a few conditions in accepting this award:
The Liebster Award is an award for blogs who have less than 200 followers. ( That’s me – just)
The recipient must then pass the award on to new bloggers who also have less than 200 followers, to promote their blog to your readers. ( So here goes)
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- List 11 Random Facts about you
- Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
11 Random Facts about Me
1. I have travelled to Scandinavia 3 times and Asia six times. If I could, I would happily live in Denmark or Sweden and holiday in Norway but my heart is still Australian.
2. I used to love watching horror movies, and still occasionally do.
3. I really dislike commercial TV and rarely read Women’s magazines, unless I am waiting in a line for the supermarket checkout.
4. I much prefer foggy, rainy, cold and overcast weather to the heat of midsummer.
5.I think education is the most important thing in life.( not necessarily formal schooling)
6. I used to live in a house that was previously inhabitated by followers of black magic.
7. I could easily live entirely on seafood, bread and the odd berry for the rest of my life.
8. I moved house 8 times in four years, and then have lived at my current address for almost 30 years.
9. I plan to take up kayaking and competition shooting when I retire from paid work.
10. I have never seen Ayers Rock and don’t intend to.
11. I was once part owner of a hippie commune.
- Who is your favourite author? This is a tough one to answer, as there are quite a few. I would have to say Jo Nesbø, followed closely by Karin Fossum, Camilla Lackberg, Elsebeth Egholm, Anne Holt, Håkan Nesser, Arnaldur Indridason and Liza Marklund. Also like Nikki Gemmel, Geraldine Brooks and Phillipa Gregory. Can you tell I had a hard time choosing?
- Wine or beer? Most defintely wine, either the red variety or with bubbles.
- Tea or coffee? I love coffee but it doesn’t love me, so I have to drink herbal tea.
- Would you prefer to go out and socialise or stay home and read? I think I would prefer to go out, but it would depend on where and what circumstances, otherwise the book would win out.
- What was your favourite book as a young child? Winnie the Pooh
- What is the strangest house you have ever lived in? See #6 Random facts about me listed above.
- Have you ever fallen out of love? Yes, hasn’t everyone?
- What are you reading right now? I have several books on the go. True North, by Gavin Francis and two novels by Leif Perrson and Camilla Lackberg,
- Where is your favourite pub/bar in the world? Nyhavn in Denmark, but I don’ t really have a favourite.
- What is the most you have ever paid for a meal? The equivalent of $50 AUD for a bowl of Vicchysoisse soup.
- Describe yourself in five words. Egalitarian, environmentalist, enquiring, committed, intense
My Nominees in Random Order Are…
2. Something for Pok
5. Nina Joan
8. Karins Fotos
9. Light Nordic Wind
10. Morning Glory Photography
My 11 Questions for my Nominees are:
1. Where is your favourite Holiday destination?
2. How much time do you spend on technology?
3. If you had your time over again, what would you do differently?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. What is your favourite book?
6.Give five words that others might use to describe you?
7. How do you relax?
8. What is your greatest contribution to the planet so far?
9. Best experience from childhood/School years?
10. What general piece of advice would you give to the youth of today?
11. Do you speak another language beside your native tongue?
This has been a fun activity. Thanks again to Jayde-Ashe for the nomination. I hope I can direct some traffic to her fab new blog: The Paperback blog as a gesture of thanks for nominating me for this award. Please stop by and say hello to her!
Will my nominees accept this award and take up the challenge? That is something my head will ponder about today….